Sunday, December 19, 2010

IN AND AROUND MEMPHIS AND THE MID-SOUTH

After finishing my Masters in Public Administration at the University of Memphis and getting my first job, I became a casualty to the economic downturn.  My oldest son also had just finished a Masters in Business Administration at Washington University and also found himself without work and activities.

I have lived in Memphis for almost 26 years.  One of my pet peeves is how many natives have never seen attractions and sights that are literally in their backyards.  Unfortunately I am guilty of that also!  Don’t get me wrong, I have seen all of the usual AAA recommended attractions in Memphis, but they are all along the main road and don’t provide much local flavor and context. With time on my hands, my son and I went off to see what Dixie had on offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment